Thursday, September 29, 2016

Geocaching Journal

Just in case you've never heard of it, geocaching is a world-wide adventure sport that uses GPS technology to find hidden treasures called "caches".
I've recently gotten into the sport and I love taking my kids along for the adventure. They love exploring and hunting for the caches. We have had some truly unique finds and sometimes they emerge with pretty cool treasures along the way. While I was out with them recently I thought it would be great to keep a journal of our finds. If you have geocached before you know that you usually log your finds on a website, I do this of course, but there were so many fun times we had that I just couldn't include on a website. Like the time my 4 year old son and I were visiting family in Maryland and went out to hunt for some nearby caches. We ended up on a long adventure through the woods, over streams and beautiful scenery. He found some cool treasures that day and had such a good time he always asks me if we can go back to that same cache.
It is because of times like these that I developed a personal log book or journal to be used specifically for geocaching. There is a form in the journal to fill out for specifics about the cache, like coordinates or location, size, terrain, etc. I also included a special notes section for details about the cache that I want to remember and on the opposite page there is space for a picture or small treasure or just more notes. I thought this would be a great way to document some of my time geocaching, especially with my kids and once it is filled up maybe even pass it down to them one day for them to share with a future generation and remember the time we had together.
If you would like to order a copy you can find it on Amazon by searching for: Geocaching Journal or click the link:

Geocaching Journal


No comments:

Post a Comment