Friday, June 26, 2009

House of Dark Shadows - by Robert Liparulo

I just finished reading "House of Dark Shadows" by Robert Liparulo and I have to say it was a refreshing book. I was not sure what to expect as it was obviously written for teens but it had me on the edge of my seat. The story revolves around the King family, who has just moved into a mysterious home. They soon find out that this house has some big secrets. After finding an oversized footprint in the living room it is obvious someone or something has been in their home. The young king boys search the home and find a hidden hallway filled with strange rooms. Each of these rooms has the power to send them traveling through time and space. The boys find themselves in some big adventures, but soon the book takes an unexpected plot twist leaving you hanging until the next book. I found myself ordering the second book right away. This book was a great read for all ages. It was fun, exciting and suspenseful. The story line moved quickly and pulled you into the plot. While the story was exciting I appreciated the way the family dynamics worked throughout the story. It was wonderful to see a family that was together functioning the way a family should. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment